Thursday, June 21, 2007

Long Lost Friend

I was thrilled when this young man found me.

This was a young man (Len) that I had thought about for the last 12 years, wondering what happened. How he was? Was he even alive?

I remember vividly our last evening together. We were really, really good friends. We had driven to White City to watch a movie...Don't remember what movie.

But after the movie we drove back to Rogue River and sat in the church parking lot to just talk.
We were great at talking. I knew he loved me...but I didn't feel that way about him. I loved him dearly, but not in a romantic sort of way. That night he told me about his feelings for me, as gently as I could....I broke his heart. He dropped me off angry and hurt...

It always left me wondering what became of him.

We began talking again and it was as if we had never left off. We just reconnected, he has been through some hell in his life as well. We have no problem communicating.

As we continued to talk it came out that after all these years, he still feels the same about me. He loves me. We have talked....and talked....and talked about it.

I do love him. I am just terrified that I would hurt him and break his heart and I could never bare if I hurt this sweet, sweet man.

I thought about leaving Bob and running to Oregon to be with Len. But I couldn't....I am still dealing with shit from my ex-hubby, I am in debt up to my eye balls....and I am terrified of hurting this beautiful man.

3 comments:

MEL said...

Nice story... interesting!

The inside of me said...

I am confused. What is your current marital situation? Are you now married and have an ex or are you divorced. I may have to go back and reread. I have often wished I could meet someone I left behind in my past and I have tried to find her but have failed,,,,so far.

Enemy of the Republic said...

Lovers get us with guilt and often keep us with our financial dependency.