Thursday, June 7, 2007

Chaos

After the first time I cheated on my hubby, I started really not caring for him. It became easy to just be a bitch. (He was always treating my like shit, so why not give it back to him).

All the more I was growing in my own thoughts and feelings, knowing what I liked and wanted.

I knew the marriage was over, but what kept me holding on were the kids. They were my life. I was not their real mother, but they had no other mother and needed me in their life.

For the rest of our marriage I was faithful. I came very close a few time to massing around, but it just wasn't worth the effort or getting caught. Plus I hate drama and sneaking around, so I just decided to wait till I was able to divorce.

One night I was out with some friends, met in person a man I had talked to on the phone many times (work related) and "thought" I had met the man of my dreams.

After work the next day, I let my husband know I wanted a divorce. About a week later I moved out and stayed with a girlfriend. While staying with this friend, she took me out for a "get over" my husband night out. I ended up being the sober one and she was fairly drunk. While out I met a fantastic, wonder guy, we exchanged phone numbers. The next week we went on a date and he ended up being one of the absolute sweetest people I have ever met, truely genuine.

A month later I moved to another state to see what happened with the other man, meanwhile the "nice" guy and I kept in contact.

4 comments:

The inside of me said...

What you did was very honorable. You sacraviced your own happiness to save the kids and most people wouldn't even consider that. You also didn't cheat again which is not typical. Most people cheat again after the first time because it gets easier and also because they figure that they are no longer pure.

In the back of our minds we know that certain things are taboo but once we do them then we ratiionalize that we already committed that sin once so twice isn't much worse. As the numbers build up then one more cheat is nothing compared to the many times before. It is the same with other things in life too. YOu are better than I am for holding on like you did. Thank you for sharing.

The inside of me said...

Sorry about the spelling, I didn't proof read and my fingers were on the wrong keys :)

Confession said...

It wasn't the cheating for me. It was my desire to feel connected and desirable.

There were other people in my life that were fulfilling that. I may not have physically cheated, but mentally and emotionally I did...

The inside of me said...

I think we all need that, I love it when I catch someones eye and know that they are interested even if I don't take it any further